The Belmont dining room is a bright and welcoming place where pupils are encouraged to take time over their lunch in a convivial atmosphere. All food is prepared on site and is served at age-appropriate sittings.
The dining service aims to have a family-orientated approach. Meals are produced at breakfast, lunch and supper time in addition to a range of snacks and match teas.
At lunchtime food is served at tables of ten, each table being overseen by a member of staff who serves the meal and eats with the pupils
The first lunch sitting is for younger children. The Early Years children eat together at smaller tables with their Early Years’ teachers, whilst the remaining children sit on mixed-aged tables. The second lunch sitting is for older pupils who also sit at mixed-age tables supervised by a member of staff or senior pupil. Lunch begins with a simple prayer.
During lunch pupils have specific jobs to perform as an act of service towards others, such as setting the table, serving the food or clearing up after the meal.
In addition to the dish of the day, there is a salad bar, or vegetarian alternative. We are able to cater for special diets, and parents of these children are encouraged to keep in contact with us and to meet with the catering staff to discuss their child’s needs directly if desired.
The Catering Team works hard to ensure that:
- we offer a varied choice at breakfast, lunch and supper;
- we offer seasonal dishes based on a summer or winter menu on a three- week rotation;
- we offer water and fresh fruit at every meal;
- we create relaxed menus for boarders and pupils who are using our Extended Day Care facility;
- we organise fun events such as themed meals, cooking activities and competitions to make the enjoyment of healthy food an important part of every pupil’s experience at Belmont.
- we aim to teach children that dining is a social activity and to equip them with the manners, etiquette and confidence to enjoy the pleasures of the dining room.
Mr. K. Nowotny
Please click on the links below to view our Menus: